• Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 2856 times

imnotmexican

HP Pavilion dv6838tx Entertainment Notebook PC
intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo cpu t8100 processor
currently running windows 7
2 partitions on hdd
1 partition has windows 7 installed the other is backup storage

I am trying to re-install windows xp because windows 7 was a dissapointment like vista and i wanted to go back to a working OS
When i try to install xp an error appears no hard disks can be found. i have read other forums of people with similar issues saying the issue is xp does not have drivers for sata and that i need to use nlite to add the drivers to the install disk. i have previously used nlite and i am used to burning OS install disks, but i am unable to find drivers that are compatible with my computer. i have tried suggested drivers but none work. i would appreciate if someone could help me find the appropriate drivers needed and also if possible steps on how to properly install them because i want to make sure im doing it right. i have already tried formatting both partitions leaving a blank computer but even that didnt work so i had to reinstall windows 7 to ask for help. if anyone could get back to me with a working solution would be much appreciated

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

imnotmexican,
---
The XP SATA Drivers are no problem if you know how to make a slipstream installation CD.
---
What the problem really is, is that HP does not make XP Machine Device Drivers readly avaiable for your computer. Take a look.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr.....&cc=us
---
Suggest you call HP and DEMAND the XP Machine Device Drivers for the computer.
---
If NO-JOY, you will have to remain with Win7.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

imnotmexican

thank you for thequick reply. 5 minutes after i posted this question i tried a last minute effort and searched hp's site and i downloaded the xp storage driver Intel Matrix Storage Manager and extracted the .exe untill i found the .inf and that worked in the end.

Posted 4 years ago

imnotmexican

i was thinking to hard about the problem when the file was right in front of me. thank you again for the quick reply and explaining what the real problem was. itd be easier if xp could just support sata in the first place

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

What ?? (LOL) and everything works in Device Manager ??

Posted 4 years ago

imnotmexican

well anything that has drivers for it :p im using xp performance edition but the drivers supplied dont work with my computer so i have to download them seperatley but ive done that before its just time consuming

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

imnotmexican,
---
OK good deal but have to admit have never seen XP installed as down grade on newer computers without having to make a Slipstrean Installation disk with Intel Chipset 3289 drivers before.
---
Check out this HGT Howto.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....tallation/
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

imnotmexican

yeh its how i did it last time i had this problem i had just forgotten and remember last minute before i gave up

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

imnotmexican,
---
Then we ARE on the same page so to speak. (LOL) :) :)
---
Best Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!