The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Help, I desperate to link my outlook 2007 with my gmail account

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by mama-panda
  • Latest reply from zifnab06
  • Topic Viewed 2223 times

mama-panda

i try to link my outlook with my gmail account, and follow all the step by step instruction in the howtogeek posting carefully, thought i will succeed since my email address finally appears in outlook, but when i hit send/receive, there's nothing happened and when i tried the test account setting button, i've got this message:
using 'imap.gmail.com' and 'smtp.gmail.com':
- Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The host 'imap.gmail.com' cannot be found. Verify that the server name is typed correctly.
- Send test e-mail message: Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.

using 'imap.googlemail.com' and 'smtp.googlemail.com':
- Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The host 'imap.googlemail.com' cannot be found. Verify that the server name is typed correctly.
- Send test e-mail message: Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.

what should i do then? desperately need your help guys..

thanks before guys

Posted 5 years ago

zifnab06

imap+gmail+outlook=slow. You can set up gmail to use POP3, which is alot easier. Just set gmail to auto-archive messages you have downloaded. Then when you first try to set up gmail, don't press advanced settings. It'll find the POP server and (should) set it up automatically for you.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.