The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Help Free me from the Hacker from H*@@

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by MMg2
  • Latest reply from spin498
  • Topic Viewed 1184 times

MMg2

I am a Survivor of a Hacker from H*@@ but I need your expertise. I have an Apple iMac (groan) I have heard from everyone (Apple included). (it is not possible to have a HACKER) but I live it every day so I know it is. (Imagine buying a BMW, driving it to work, walking out and having to search for it EVERY DAY when you need to drive home--for 18 months.

It began when an IDisk tried to attach to my laptop in Nov of 2010 at my stepdaughter's house in DC. I don't have an IDisk so I called Apple they said nothing to worry about. I then noticed Facebook pages Saved to my computer that when opened were interactive and you could read Messages (private email) I had sent to friends. I then had a router hijacked; bought a wifi hotspot and it was hijacked; two apple cell phones were hijacked (paid early termination fees) paid AT&T for Network services to secure modem and router. Stepdaughter gifted us a apple Time Capsule (came in and set it all up without our knowledge) when I went to use the computer I got the color wheel of death. 13,000 plus photos were deleted from IPhoto. When I plug in a USB to download it does not show up at all. When I download an Application it downloads beyond my Harddrive to the Network. I am under Apple Care and the rep said well never seen that happen and just quickly got me off the phone. (He was remotely connected and watching my desktop).

I have discovered two apple id's that I did not set up that I can not get rid of = one is a mac.com address the other is a aim.com address.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? When I do forgot my password I get Email sent but then of course I never receive the email.

This hacker comes on as the Root and adds him/herself as Others' to my Desktop as a User.

Sorry to be so long in description.....no other way to describe this hellish experience.

Pleading for help

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

That's difficult. Anything I'd do if I were you, backup all important data, format and reinstall OS X. Then scan all the data you've backed up using a good antivirus for Mac (you should get one, YOU, because in your case, it's inevitable). Some choices could be ESET CyberSecurity for Mac, or Sophos for Mac (free). Have a strong network setup, and report back if any problems occur again.

Posted 2 years ago

MMg2

Lion has been reloaded 7 times. I bought MacKeeper. Hacker 'obtained' it and used it against me. I bought Kaspersky and it was unable to remove the files. Always present is a router with no password linksys in my network. I keep Wifi disabled; bluetooth disabled. and Firewire. Somehow they add my home folder to the address book. Today I found all my media files in iWork.

I just need to get to the application that is controlling where photos are uploaded via USB. That is what they are blocking. That is my business. I have to upload photos of my products to sell.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi mmg2 ,

Take a look at these links and see if they can be of help :

www.h-online.com/security/news.....72174.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDisk

http://m.lifehacker.com/584215.....ily-hacked

The wiki link is to see if you have "mobileme" installed.

Posted 2 years ago

MMg2

Thank you.....I keep getting prompted for the MobileMe password....

Posted 2 years ago

MMg2

Yes, I've done all those things and eventually he/she will cut down my system preferences until I can only see the gray box at the top and am unable to access any of the system preference options to change them back.

It is definitely MobileMe thru a Server. They have attached to my cell plan and randomly take it down. Apple does not have Chat in the MobileMe/Cloud department so I thought you all might help me get to that password. I also discovered an account as aim.com instead of aol.com. and 16 alerts through Google. Also they were forwarding my business mail emails through a old yahoo account I hardly ever use. I happen to find them in a sent messages (not Sent) folder.

I need a way to get the forwarding email from Apple or the passwords. This is only way I can keep them from controlling my computer.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Not sure if its the same thing but try this :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2342321?start=0&tstart=0

Edit : and this for aim.com AOL instant messenger https://settings.aim.com/

Posted 2 years ago

spin498

You've mentioned your stepdaughter twice. You say issues started at her house and then mentioned her coming into your house and setting up a Time Capsule without your knowledge or permission. Are you having issues with her? I realize you've come here seeking 'technical' advice, but I'm thinking that perhaps you need to bring the Police onboard, since as you say, it's effecting your business.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.