The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

HELP Excel 2003

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by hariom
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 2917 times

hariom

I have this problem whereby when I try to open an excel workbook, for some reason the file opens in the trial version of Excel 2007. How can I stop this as I have a valid version of Excel 2003 and asking MS is useless.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

If you don't want to use the Excel 2007 trial you can just go to programs in control panel and uninstall it.
If you list your Operating System I can be more specific.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

hariom,

Have seen this behavior before after an install upgrade to Vista or XP3 upgrade and trying to repair laptops (without) Clean Installing the complete O/S. DO what jd2066 says and keep your Excel 2003 CD handy. I think this is a part of MS (Forced Migration) to Vista and Office 2007 as friends keep calling me with their computers exhibiting the same symptoms in Office 2003.

Post back to jd2066. He has a GOOD handle on these issues.

PS: When dealing with MS, always (DEMAND) to speak with the India Support Development Group. They are top notch and don't give you grief if you ask for another product key, etc., etc.,.... Product re-activation is a breeze with those folks.

Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

hariom

Thanks but will uninstalling the trial version not cause the 2003 to act strangely i.e. missing files? PS I have Vista as O/S

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

No, it shouldn't cause any problems. Office 2003 and Office 2007 each have there own files.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!