Help creating Windows 8 AiO disk - only 64BIT

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LordX
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1293 times

LordX

Hey guys - I read the guide from this site:

http://www.howtogeek.com/12609.....tall-disk/

And I tried to follow it - but only for the 64bit versions - for two reasons.

1. Almost all the systems I will see these days will be 64 bit.
2. I am told that the REPAIR option when booting from a 32/64bit combo disk will not work on 64bit systems because the setup files are for 32bit.

I just tried to make a 64bit only disk.

I ran into an error along the way with the DISM commands - it didnt like the windows 8 names in quotes - so instead of "Windows 8" - I had to change it to: Windows8 with no spaces or quotes. It worked then - but each command completed very quickly - I dont know if that is normal.

It made the image - but when I loaded it up on my win8 laptop - it did not ask me which version to select.

Is this because I did something wrong - or is it because the disk read the version of Windows 8 from the laptop's UEFI BIOS and simply went ahead with the install?

I think something might be wrong - because then I could never use this disk to upgrade that laptop.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Some one with an OEM UEFI Bios Machine plus all the x64 Windows 8 Editions will have to help you with this.
http://technet.microsoft.com/e.....24911.aspx
Also since new hardware may ship without DVD devices, is Best to use USB Stick for deployment.

It would be interesting to know if anyone on our forum has purchased a Windows 8 OEM Pre-Built machine yet ????

Posted 1 year ago

LordX

Once I can get an ISO that works right - I will put it on my USB

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Delimit with Quotes if you use spaces and the WIM Build should work.

Technet says specifically:
During attended installations, users will be prompted to select which architecture-specific Windows image to install (x86 or x64 images).

Posted 1 year ago

LordX

You can make any combination you want - doesn't need to be both - I have seen them out there - I just want to make my own.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

That's Correct.

What is your question ??

Posted 1 year ago

LordX

How to make a 64bit AiO disk..... Which includes a Win8 PRO w/ WMC option. It is the PRO w/wmc version that makes it harder. There are scripts out there - but they are for 32/64 bit combo.

I already tried to follow one of the guides I found from this web page - but it didn't work.

The scripts seemed to run - but when I burned the ISO - it only had win8 core - no options for other versions - and yes - I added the Ei.cfg file.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Let me try the Tutorial and see what happens.

I have both Windows 7 and 8 on this machine.

It may be awhile as am busy trying to get medicine for my cat.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!