How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

HELP - Cannot install WIndows 8 64 bit Clean Install

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Nikita92
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1440 times

Nikita92

Hello Everyone,

I know this topic has been around for long but I've been reading for the past two days about all the solutions but nothing works. Here's the problem.

I had Windows 7 32 bit on my custom PC. I upgraded to Windows 8( I wanted to upgrade to 64 bit, but then learned that I can't without deleting all the files, so I just went with 32 bit). But now I really need to upgrade RAM so I decided to do a clean install of Windows 8. I downloaded it from Microsoft, started a clean install on my Samsung SSD, but I got the partition error that won't let me select my SSD as the drive for OS. So I've been screwing around all night, and formatted the SSD with command promt, and unplugged/plugged the bootable USB and what not. Now I have no files left on any of my HDs....except the 5 GBs in SkyDrive.. And no OS. I also just read about the trick of downloading Windows8 Evaluation x64, installing it and upgrading to my purchased Windows 8 from there, but I really don't know if anything will work. Help please.

Nikita

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Welcome Nikita92, I recommend you wait until tomorrow and post your question in the new Discourse forum a this one is going away tonight.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!