How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Health and Safety gone berserk!

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistamike
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 483 times

vistamike
vistamike

'A school's decision to ban triangular flapjacks after a pupil was hurt has been labelled "half-baked" by the Health and Safety Executive.'

'The school said the "isolated accident" had led to a review of "the texture and shape of the flapjacks" provided.'

"We're happy to make clear that flapjacks of all shapes and sizes continue to have our full backing."

The full expose>>>>>

I am bereft of reason!

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

I remember the days when a bowl rhubarb crumble and custard was considered the heavy artillery of dining hall warfare. How times have changed.

Posted 1 year ago

Ted16
Ted16

Mike, saw that on the news last night. No wonder we are in the state we are with morons like that in charge.

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

instant potato's were the weapon of choice when i was in school! darn thing were so thick,you could take out a small animal with them!

on another note:i got a nasty letter sent home to me from my boys kindergarden class teacher. it seems that with all the recent shootings at schools & a 0 tolerance policy............ my boy got in trouble for playing "cops & robbers " displaying a "finger gun" . hmmmmmmmmm what is the world coming to? he's 6 yrs old for crying out loud !

i remember when i was in school if caught fighting ect..... the coach of gym class would take the 2 offenders give them boxing gloves & we'd beat the tar out of eachother till we got it out of our systems. not anymore .......the cops would be called. i know i've seen it in our local newspaper! sad :(

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Posted 1 year ago

Ted16
Ted16

Pea shooters were our weapon of choice followed by elastic band guns :)

Ted

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Besides every cowboy knows that flapjacks are round and soft.

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

Glad you mentioned that xhi, if ya read the article............the picture dosent look like something I associate with a pancake either . Actually they looked hard & bumpy. must be a "foreign recipie ! lol

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!