The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

head phone jack does not work

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by whitingerd
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 517 times

whitingerd

I have a toshiba satellite laptop for a couple of years now, windows Vista. My head phone jack has never worked. I have kept up with the updates. My second problem is the restore set points do not work either. after I go thru the restore process, it boots up and says "system has not be restored".
New development. I went to control panel, sound and changed the defalt from speaker to earphone. For 30 seconds the earphone worked, then I unpluged the earphone to see if the speaker would still work, it didn't but from that point on the earphone would not work either. Now I have no sound at all.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

whitingerd hi. It is about time you did a clean install of Vista. Do you have a disk ? Do you need to save any data ?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

As far as the head phone jack is concerned it may just be that the port is damaged. Does it play through the on board speakers?

As far as the System Restore problem. Try turning off system restore. Then reboot the computer. This should get rid of all restore points. Then turn on System Restore again. Take a restore point and then restore it. See if it is now working again.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.