SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

having tried so many times i still cant download adobe flashplayer update?

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tezm
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 1423 times

tezm

i wont attempt to try and explain the number of problems on my pc (win 7,home premium,64bit desktop)but i have so many updates needed yet i am blocked from downloading.everything points to VIRUS yet i have managed to get a few checks done on line and they come back saying nothing detected.
what is really a major problem is i have no protection,i do have superantispyware but was told to uninstall it,which i cant..really though is there another way of getting the adobe installed other than the normal way? i have internet explorer 9 and i cant change it,nd what happens when i try to upload adobe
is it starts as normal then when the download is complete,instead of installing it i get card on the screen 'tracking downloads' save or cancel but it wont do either.it just keeps repeating the same uselss questions...what makes it 10 times worse is every single programme i go on is telling me i need to get adobe..can it be put on a disc? you advised me a year or two ago to do that with an anti virus but would it work with adobe? thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

It sounds like your downloads are getting sent through some type of download manager, but i cannot say for certain. Try this? Uninstall flash player software and then reinstall, making 100% certain that you are getting the Flash software from ONLY adobe.
Go to Orb (Start) > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > find the flash player on the list > uninstall, then go directly to adobe's website and try to install the latest flash version. You **may** need to download the installer to your desktop first, to avoid interference from the purported download manager, This may work! To download the installer, rather than run it ... right click on the link provided by adobe on their site and then select "Save As" instructing Windows to place the file on your desktop. Once the installer file has downloaded completely from adobe, then run it!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Umm, the latest version is Beta. You may want to try the pre Beta version,
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer/

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Sounds like your Adobe Flash is a malware popup and no you cannot install Adobe Flash player from there.
You have to install Ccleaner and run it then. Reboot after everything is clean then go directly to Adobe flash player site and download from there.

EDIT: You might also want to install Malawarebytes FREE Version

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

This is the correct download site for adobe flash; http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It would be a good idea to uninstal all previous of flash player with Revo free; Revo

Run the uninstaller in advanced mode. Adobe uninstaller may ask for reboot now, click 'no' and let revo continue the registry clear out.

Reboot your machine. Now instal Flash from the above link.

Malwarebytes free from here; http://www.malwarebytes.org/pr.....ytes_free/

Run this as a full scan and post the results.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Zagreus
Zagreus

Nice one Michael. Just solved my Flash player problem by reading this thread.

Daveh.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Excellent

The problem may arise with so many updates and the old resident files are left in limbo somehow. I found a complete uninstal of the old files with Revo sorted the problem.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.