SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Have to maximize/restore down every time I change pages..

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by bonkk
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 742 times

bonkk

I am wondering why every time I go to a new page I have to either maximize or restore down the page before it will let me do anything.. HAs anyone else had this problem? And what can I do to correct it? I have Windows 7.. new computer.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. just a pain every time I switch sites.. :/

Posted 2 years ago

gedstar

What browser are you using?

Posted 2 years ago

bonkk

Hi.. I'm using Google Chrome. I had always used IE but when I got the new computer he set it up using Chrome. I've gone back and forth some, but for some reason when using IE pages don't seem to want to load.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

So the problem is in Chrome, or IE? Both?

What is the spoeed of your internet connection? Speedtest.net (wait for the BEGIN button)

Posted 2 years ago

bonkk

Hi sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but I am now having multiple problems with my NEW Windows 7 computer.. My speed is right up there betw 8 & 10, but now I am having a problem even getting to use websites. It will let me go there, and even let me go a little further, but for some reason when I click on something it does nothing.. FOr instance I have a greeting card program, which will no longer let me edit or print even a card I've saved there. On FB, I have a hard time clicking on certain things (photos etc.) It does nothing.. it goes on and on in different sites.. I'm getting the msg. done with error on page a lot.. I am SO ready to go back to my old computer with XP on it. IT is also happening with Chrome some.
Sorry so long, but I am.. FRUSTRATED!!

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Sounds to me like a mouse or touchpad problem. Have you tried another mouse.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.