How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

@Hatty ...

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 436 times

vistual
vistual

been playing around and tweaking stuff in firefox this past week and also played with tha add-on you linked to for the tree tabs. thought it was pretty cool but didnt play too nice with my theme and the auto bookmarks hider. when i hovered / activated the tree tabs, my bookmarks toolbar would drop down! LOLOL!!!

(inspired by a screenshot that Scott sent me the other day while we worked on something else)

my set-up at the moment ....

about:addons Launcher, Fast Dial, Autohide Bookmarks, Change colors of tabs not selected, (Theme): Foxdie, Tab bar buttons as Round Tabs, Search bar - Auto-size, Custom Colored Tabs. and a few other things, no doubt.

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

That setup looks pretty neat! You've managed to get a lot of vertical space there... :)

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

thanks Hat!
as far as the space gained, really most of it comes from the autobookmarks hider and the compact menu. the other stuff is just eye candy for the most part.
now 'till i find something else to obsess over and tweak. LOL!

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Actually it really goes well with your wallpaper!
(link please :) )

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

here it goes ..
that wall ...
http://www.google.com/search?q.....20,r:0,s:0
the fastdial add-on is what allows me to set an image to the background of the browser window like that. link to fd is on my 1st post above.
: )

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Thanks for the wall!
Yep I've seen fastdial, but is it useful? Considering FF17 has a similar feature built in?

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

youre welcome : ) ....

fastdial is pretty cool. useful in the sense that you have all your favorite links available as soon as the browser opens up and the fact that its customizable - use your own images for backgrounds / make your own icons if you'd like - as i did. the icons themselves (the thumbs) are also re-sizeable.

and folders. you can add as many folders as youd like. see the screenshot above - this little bit ....

this is a folder that will take me to another set of shortcuts ....

cant say how it compares to the ff built-in feature cause i never used it though.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!