How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - graphics card driver

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Heather
  • Latest reply from G41M
  • Topic Viewed 294 times

Heather

Hi, I hope someone can help me.
I tried to download the game 'Second Life' but it says that my video/graphics card driver is out of date. I went into my device manager, located my NVIDIA GeForce 6600 from the Display adapters, and clicked on up date the driver. It says that my driver is up to date! So, I went into the NVIDIA site to download the driver from there, but when I try to load it, it says Non 7-Zip Archive, so I tried to troubleshoot that problem and downloaded 7Z9920, and restarted my computer, but it still gives me the same error message when trying to load the updated graphics driver. See link from dropbox below.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/76300593/graphics%20card%20driver%20problem.jpg

Thanks for any help,
Heather

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Not sure about the Non-7-zip error message but Nvidia drivers are self-extracting executable file. Usually it will prompt you where you want to extract the files (C:\Nvidia is the default) after extraction it will proceed with the installation. It is possible that the downloaded file is corrupt.

Also noticed, that you are under Windows 7, while the file in your picture looks like drivers for Windows XP 32-bit. You can download the latest Nvidia driver here. Choose the appropriate Nvidia chipset, OS and version of OS (32 0r 64-bit)

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Heather

Thank you for your help :)
It worked for me.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Glad to hear that. Enjoy the game!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!