How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

graphics card

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by 0zSpitt
  • Latest reply from 0zSpitt
  • Topic Viewed 1014 times

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

my newest new build has an ati radeon hd 2600 pro. i have a 24" wide screen 1920x1200. i've updated the drivers from ati's site but it doesnt seem to work well with this monitor. the card has crashed several times. what card would be a good recommendation? my mother board is an asus pq5 pro with an intel core2 duo e8400 3.00 ghz cpu

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

Hi ozspitt
how much are you looking to spend? and are you looking to crossfire in the future or are you the type to stick with just one videocard?

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

the $150 to $200 area, im open to everything else. i'm not a gamer, more of a multi-tasker with wmc, wmm, video, etc

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Hi Oz, that monitor of yours is a beast so you´ll want a pretty good graphics card to go with it. Although I´m a more of a Nvidia fan, the Radeon 4870 has been getting some really write-ups. Seeing as you´re not a gamer it should be more than enough for your purposes. You could certainly watch Full-HD movies with it. What O/S are you using? Linux tends to have problems with ATI cards!!

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

the 24" is on vista ultimate

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Oz, what a coincidence, I just got an e-mail newsletter from Gamespot and they have a $200 graphics card shootout. And most of the cards are below $200, though the very best require you to break your piggy bank for a few dollars more. :)
http://www.gamespot.com/featur.....ag=nl.e513

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

that helps, now i'll be back at newegg wishlisting again. thanks!

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!