The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Graphics Card?

(19 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by h2o14polo
  • Latest reply from Michael
  • Topic Viewed 1898 times

h2o14polo

I dont know whats wrong with my graphics but its gets all choppy. Is it my graphics card? This just started about a month ago and i dont know how to fix it. can u help me?

Here are two images showing what i mean. I also put up my computer information

PLZ HELP ME ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

For some strange reason I cannot access the screenshots. This may be a driver problem. Can you please email both screenshots to MichaelSammels@gmail.com with your computer information, and what type of graphics card you have so that I can try to solve your problem? Thanks.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

h2o14polo

I put the images back up and sent the images to your email

Posted 6 years ago

Teufel
Teufel

Have you tried updating to the latest graphic card drivers? Which graphic card do you have? Is it a separate PCI-e/AGP graphics card or a built-in graphics solution?

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Yeah - I got the pics. If you go to your manufacturers website and search for the drivers for your type of card. If you have trouble doing this, I can do it for you and email them back.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

I had a further look, and would also like to add that this may be your monitor, and not your graphics card.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

h2o14polo

Can you give me the website for the manufacturers website. Thank you.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

http://www.nvidia.com/Download.....lang=en-us

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Scott,

This looks odd to me, like a monitor problem. :S I can never see a card doing that.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

While that may be true Michael, waterpolo asked for his video driver's website. I am happy to oblige.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

I know, =) Just providing some moar feedback.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

h2o14polo

well i downloaded the driver but it doesnt happen as often anymore just when my computer is on for a long time

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Then I do belive this may be the monitor. Does it get hot when your PC is on for a long time?

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

h2o14polo

well actually i cant tell but its always hot in my room even when my computer isnt on

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Right. Try getting some air into your room, to make it, well, colder. =) Then see if that helps.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

besidog

Having had my computer to bits recentley i was amazed at the amount of crap and dust that had collected in the cooling fans and fins....... i would check that any fans you have inside are working and clean them out..... it could just be overheating.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Yeah - you can also buy a can of compressed air to clean them out.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Dust kills more computers than viruses, power surges, etc.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

"Dust. Man's greatest enemy. How I shall miss the first server to make a bid for freedom. This is local papers view:

The dust pellet flew in from the side vent. Time stopped. The only sound was the intake of air from the fan, and the sickening crack as the pellet came into contact with its victim. Small pieces of chips and silicon exploded from its rear, as the pellet carved a hole in its casing. The Server lurched in a sharp movement, breaking its motherboard, as the pellet ejaculated from his keyboard jack at the back, causing another hole. It stood there for a second, the energy flowing from its wound. It shutdown its main settings, took one last breath, fell to its side, forward, and off the desk, his top collided with the ground and he was gone."

xD - sorry just for a laugh.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!