The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Graphic problem. Please help!:(

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by imaverygdboi
  • Latest reply from Santo
  • Topic Viewed 247 times

imaverygdboi

First of all. I do not know if this is the correct forum to post this, and im sorry in advance. Im on a Pavilion dm4 ,Windows7 , i5 and ATI Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics which supports microsoft Directx11. Recently when i just rebooted my laptop, the resolution was extremely large. Trying to solve things, i right clicked my desktop and clicked screen resolution. I put it at the highest resolution but it was still the same. Than an error came up saying "No ATI graphics driver is installed or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI Hardware.I also can not adjust the brightness of my screen. I am at a loss of what to do. Please, please help me. Thanks in advance.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

@imaverygdboi: Welcome to HTG.

Looks like the graphics driver might have been corrupted due to an update. To resolve this, launch "Device Manager" and check below "Display Adapters" if the ATI driver is listed. If it has an yellow exclamation mark over it right click on it and click on Uninstall and restart the laptop. Then install the ATI drivers using Recovery Manager as given in the HP Technical Article.
Follow the steps given below "Hardware Driver Reinstallation ". Reinstall the driver even if it is not listed below "Display Adapters".

Posted 1 year ago

imaverygdboi

My Intel(R) hd graphics has an exclamation mark on it. Should i uninstall that? im afraid something might happen when i do.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

Uninstalling the display drivers & reinstalling will not do any harm to your computer.
Below "Display Adapters" do you see the ATI card driver listed?

Even if it is listed you can reinstall its drivers from Recovery Manager to see if it fixes the issue.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!