How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

GoPro Hero HD Video Editing

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by UIRunner
  • Latest reply from UIRunner
  • Topic Viewed 9270 times

UIRunner

Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to the forum (just signed up about 2 minutes ago) so if this topic has been covered, please accept my apologies. I purchased the GoPro Hero HD this weekend and made some videos with it. However, when I got home and tried to move the videos into Windows Movie Maker, it would not work because the videos are apparently made in another format. Are there any suggestions about what video editor I need to use/purchase? I'm really only wanting to cut down video clips, put clips together with others, add music, and some basic special effects to make it all a little more interesting. I pretty much just want to do what I could have done with Windows Movie Maker had I been able to transfer the videos into it. I tried to download a free file converter, but when I did, the video was choppy and the quality of it had gone out the window. I understand this is probably a very basic question for most of you who know a lot about computers, but in reading through some of the other posts and topics on here, you all seem to be a very helpful group who is very knowledgeable about these types of issues. Any help you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

Try using the free version (there is a payable version as well) of Any Video Converter to see if it can convert the videos into a same quality different format video that can be played and edited in Windows Movie Maker. I hope this helps.

Posted 4 years ago

UIRunner

Alright, I'll give that a try. I'm not sure why GoPro would put the video settings automatically for mp4 when a lot of programs won't run them. Maybe I'm just not computer smart enough.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!