How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Google Music Alternative

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by danbywinby
  • Latest reply from danbywinby
  • Topic Viewed 1117 times

danbywinby

Hi

I am looking for an alternative to google music for streaming my music from my computer to the cloud and then from the cloud to my android phone. I can't use Google Music because i don't want to use my credit card.

I have had a look at spotify and subsonic but soptify cost's for the phone app and subsonic costs after 30 days. I have also had a look at amazon cloud player but that just doesnt give you enough space.

Any other programs i should try????

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk
afuhnk

I believe you can stream from your computer using Winamp + SHOUTcast and then listen to the stream using Winamp for Android.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

What phone do you have? You may be able to just buy a large micro SD card (ex: 32 GB) and use that and just skip the streaming step, it depends on if you phone supports an SD card that large.

Is there a specific reason you want to stream it?

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi

I want to stream my music from my computer so that i can listen to all of my music on my phone but the storage space on my phone is not very big. And i dont want to have to leave my computer on so that i can listen to my music on my phone.

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk
afuhnk

Well, there's no way to stream music stored on your computer when the computer is off.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

But isnt that exactly what google music would do??

You upload your music to google and then you can access on your android anytime

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

What you ask is impossible. Your computer must be on (connected to the internet).
You can only stream what you have stored on the google music server, or any other cloud storage.

How do you cost this out BTW

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

NO its not impossible google music already does it i just want to use a different service instead of google to do it.

And cost FREE

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Please does anybody of any service other than google music which will do what I want for free????

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!