How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

(Closed) Google Chrome (browser)

(34 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 2326 times

InDiSent
InDiSent

I wouldn't say it's better than anything yet. It still needs a lot of polishing. However, it is off to a great start i think.

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Thanks InDiSent :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I expect this EULA to be sorted out soon - if by nothing else than the European Union watchdogs. But like with any new stuff, I would wait until the edges got smoothed.

Posted 5 years ago

jmcguire
jmcguire

@whs
Just exactly what web browsers do you have?

I was somewhat impressed by Google Chrome. It is very simple, which is not a bad thing, but there are certain Firefox add-ons that I have to install every time I install Firefox on a new computer.

So what exactly in the EULA is causing the major problem? I read the EULA but because I wasn't planning on doing anything other than see how Chrome ran, I didn't go over with with a fine-toothed comb.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Looks like Google has already changed the language in the EULA to address the concerns:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031703-56.html

EDIT: however, Google will save information typed into the OmniBox if you let them:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10032047-56.html

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

jmcguire, Answering your question: I use the IE most, but also Opera and AOL (which has helped me out many times when the others did not work). Have used FF a while ago, but did not like it.

Posted 5 years ago

sahlgoode
sahlgoode

Oh joy!! I thought you all might need a laugh, and this seems like an appropriate place for it.
Craigslist has a new browser! Laugh like @#!!

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor
JadeEmperor

speed ang tabbed safety is what drools me.

other than that, lots of things missing like bookmarks eating up screen real estate, not very configurable, to name a many.

@HTG: love the "Mario?" wallpaper

Posted 5 years ago

1chargerfan
1chargerfan

i don't care if they made ie 20 or opera 20.5 there's nothing that is going to compare or beat the big bad FOX.just deal with it ,live with it ,just handle the damn truth!!!!!!!!! it's all about firefox plain an simple

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Those are big words, but they do not contribute anything useful.

Posted 5 years ago

1chargerfan
1chargerfan

anything useful are you kidding me!!!!!!!!who in there right mind would use another browser other than firefox?common sense buddy

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

You are at best a dumb kid. I would not even argue with you.

Posted 5 years ago

1chargerfan
1chargerfan

dumb kid!!your the idiot,you moron,i don't know who you think you are calling me a dumb kid,im old enough to be your father,son!!!!!!!!

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Then you must be about 100 years old. That explains it.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!