More info from Techcrunch :)

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

One more link, this time from Google themselves

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

seem like it has some potential to it :)

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

So, this browser is only for people who read comic books? :-P

After reading the entire comic book, there are certainly some compelling ideas in there. All of the separate processes makes me think that my quad core CPU could be rendering 4 pages at once, or 4 parts of one page, and so on. However, if each tab and plugin is a separate process, I would think that my Task Manager list will fill up with Google Chrome processes.

All of the talk about security and sandboxing sounds good on paper, but we will have to see if it works as advertised.

Posted 5 years ago

sahlgoode
sahlgoode

This is all over the web, but thanks to HTG, I read it here first.

Made me curious, so I googled it up, (where else but Google News) and formed my own opinion.
Not something that I'll like to add to my machine.

Down the road Googles relationships with pc manufacture's will see them selling box's with this thing pre-loaded.
Much like the tool bar is now. Scary!

ScottW is right about process's eating up the cpu. Who wants that?

Master Plan

Posted 5 years ago

BigGunn

Using it right now as I post this. I like it so far. Seems fast and no required plugin addons. Initial impression is positive. We'll see in the days to come. Firefox is still my default... for now.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Yeah, fairly interesting. For those of you not going to install it quite yet, here's what it looks like on vista:

Google Chrome HTG

Click through for the full size image.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

How many browsers should a man have? - I have 3 right now (and I don't even have Firefox).

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

@whs you should have as many as you can handle lol :)

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Just installed it. Gonna play with it tonight.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i just installed it, too. it downloads graphics faster than firefox. it looks good with vista.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

for beta, i'm impressed, i'll use this. definitely...

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Uh oh. Looks like OzSpitt has been assimilated by the Borg Collective. I suppose that resistance was futile. :-)

I can't remember who, but some guy on TV said that if the NSA wanted to monitor the information of the American people, they would have invented Google. Or words to that effect. Of course, there are conspiracy nuts out there who believe this is what happened, or that the two are in cahoots now. Yes, Alex Jones, I'm talking to you!

Of course, there are still folks that believe the moon landing was faked -- did anyone see the recent Mythbusters episode? I would like to have the Mythbusters investigate whether Google has supplanted Microsoft as the IT company striving for world dominance. I'm just afraid that they would be "disappeared".

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Pros: speed and tabbed sandbox
Cons: lack of configurability, memory usage, no bookmark sidebar, etc. Too many to list.

Next to Google Sidebar, this is the least impressive app Ive seen them deliver. Yes, I'll be patient, no I won't even bother to keep it.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

I like it so far. I miss all of my FF plug ins, but hopefully they will come in time. It's definitely not ready to be my only browser. I love the way it launches almost instantly and pages seem to load a lot faster.

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

So. Better than Opera you think?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

http://yro.slashdot.org/articl.....8;from=rss

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i changed my mind after reading the EULA. i value my security

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!