The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Google Chrome 2.0.169.1 hangs up!!!

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by aditrath
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 2104 times

aditrath

I installed Google Chrome 2.0.169.1 in my Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7000. I found that the browser hung when I opened simultaneouly 2-3 tabs.
When I enter a url in the address bar it does not immediately starts connecting to that site, instead it waits for some time (30-40 seconds). In this time if I try to close the Chrome it hangs up and I have to forcefully stop through the Task Manager.
I uninstalled and again installed the program 2-3 times but same problem persists.

I found the same problem when I was using it with Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti-Virus in Windows XP Professional SP3.

But I had used Google Chrome 2.0.169.1 in Windows Vista Ultimate with Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti-Virus, there was no problem.
Google Chrome is one of the fastest browsers as compared to Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera Browser or Internet Explorer. I think that this problem is platform dependent.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

A google search (irony!) shows that several people have reported problems with running Chrome in Windows 7. Some of those include steps that will supposedly fix it, but I have no idea if they work. Well, v2.x of Chrome is a development build, so you can't expect it to be entirely stable.

I have been running Firefox 3.5 beta 4 under Windows 7, but not for long. So far there have been no problems and I have had multiple tabs open in multiple window without it crashing.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.