The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

google chrome

(15 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by 0zSpitt
  • Latest reply from 0zSpitt
  • Topic Viewed 1462 times

0zSpitt

i messing around with google chrome, it's fairly decent with privoxy running. no ads! but, i can't find a setting to open my bookmarks or anything else in a new tab. unless i hit the "+" at the top to open a new empty tab. i keep having to go back in one tab. any ideas?

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

You can open in a new tab by middle-clicking on the bookmark.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Just backing up what Geek said - this middle clicking also works on the bookmarks you (may or may not) have on the bookmarks bar below the address bar

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

that works, i'm kind of liking chrome for the speed.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Same - it's so light on resources it's a joy to use
My only issue with it, is that it doesn't use the Windows Favourites folder - is there any way to make it do this?
Then my IE favourites and my Chrome favourites would always be synced, which would be great

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

oh yeah, i haven't got that far yet. it seems like it could only be added by ie into favorites then imported to google

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Yes - so what happens when you find something you want to save on chrome?

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

i've been clicking the star

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Oh yes - I know that, that's how it works

But I was meaning - what happens when you make a favourite through chrome, then go onto IE

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

i haven't found that out yet, i was waiting for someone who knew. lol
this is the first time i've ever used it. does this work in ubuntu?

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Don't know about Ubuntu

I'm looking around for a solution on the bookmarks front, but hopefully something soon

Posted 6 years ago

drifta

i dont use chrome so i dont really know if this works or even if it is possible but you could try and change the directory of its save folder. maybe even going to the actual folder where chrome saves its bookmarks and changing that folders directory to i.e fav folder. let me know if this is even possible.

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

i'm finding out i need to clear chromes cache a lot to keep it running smoothly. like maybe once an hour or so, firefox i never had to. but firefox always has the "lag" feature going anyway

Posted 6 years ago

drifta

do you think if we cleaned ie 8's catch that often its performance would increase?

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

if it has to work like hat i have a copy of windows washer that runs in real time and can be set to clean at intervals.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.