The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Good music player for Win 7 that's not iTunes

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by motang
  • Latest reply from motang
  • Topic Viewed 4066 times

motang

I am on a quest to find a good music player for Windows 7. I am a Ubuntu user and have been for 4 years now. I have come accustomed to playing my music on Rhythmbox, which does last.fm radio, scrobbling, DAAP protocol for sharing music on a network, and also support shoutcast and icecast radio. I used to use it for podcast but I use gpodder for that, and I was wonder what is a good music player for Windows 7? I have tried Windows Media player and didn't care for it, tried out Songbird and it has gotten slower with newer releases and with the newer version they have taken out last.fm radio. Are there any good music player that supports last.fm radio, scrobbling, DAAP, on Windows? Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

Niks

Don't know about your DAAP and radio stuffs, but if you are really looking for a good music player, you certainly need 'vlc media player'. Its top at ratings, free of cost and a boon for windows users. Give it a try. Get it from filehippo.

Posted 5 years ago

TheEmperorofChaos

Kantaris Media Player, sleek interface, user friendly and easy to use

Has last.fm radio, movie trailers (Updated regularly), and much more

Check it out: http://www.kantaris.org/

Oh, and it's Open Source, meaning that it's completely free

^^

Posted 5 years ago

motang

Actually Nikis I do have VLC installed but I use to view video files. Never been much of a fan for it's music playing, but yeah I shall give a go again.

Thanks TheEmperorofChaos, I didn't know about that one. I shall give that a try as well.

Posted 5 years ago

Niks

I think you should try 'media monkey' instead, if you are looking for an audio music player. Its good at its job, has nice sound quality, light and simple at interface. Try it out, its free and available at filehippo itself :)

Posted 5 years ago

motang

Media Monkey was alright IMHO. I did like the fact that I can get the data for my music with in the player. That was a very good feature. I might go back to it.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.