so i took the helpful tips on dual booting with 2 hard drives, now i can load Windows 7. man thats a fast install!
anyways, the first thing Win7 wanted to do was connect to the internets to get a new antivirus software. that was fine, cause i was considering Winows Defender again to test it. but i cannot connect to my home network! Vista still sees it when i restart and go into Vista, so it must not be working for me because its still in beta. my vbrother didnt have trouble connecting with his beats copy, but he's on a cat 5 cable connection.
things i have tried/looked at were (through Windows 7):
1. remove NIC card and stuck it back in
2. Installed driver software for NIC card
3. tried to ping a website (just in case) from Command Prompt
4. reset router
4. tried to go through IE8 window to get to router, which doesn't work cause im not connected to the internet?
5. Havent tried reinstalling beta yet, not sure if it would require a new reg key or not, so i am hesitant on doing so
6. double checked Vista to make sure nothing was accidentally modified, so i can submit this post. also, while in vista, checked switch/router config settings from 192.268.1.1
7. creating a new post on How-to-Geek forums
yep, Windows 7 is still in BETA, so maybe wireless options may be gimped or not available at time of beta release, so i can totally understand that.
currently using wireless G band and Linksys NIC and switch, with a Comcast/Motorola router.