The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Ghost Mail in Outlook

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by missumuch
  • Latest reply from missumuch
  • Topic Viewed 1424 times

missumuch

I use Outlook 2007 for my email client. I often notice that mail is "sending" even if I have not actually prepared an email to send. For example, I prepared one small email to a friend just moments ago. After I hit send, the status bar said sending 14 of 14 messages. These don't show in my sent file either. Am I sending out spam messages without knowing it??? How do I figure this out, or more importantly, make it stop?

Posted 1 year ago

missumuch

ttt

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Not sure where you are seeing that number. My Outlook 2007 just sends the item it does not report numbers.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

missumuch, have you checked for emails stuck in your outbox?

Posted 1 year ago

missumuch

Xhi & CompWiz, thank you for replying.

Xhi, those numbers show in my status bar. I am attaching a printscreen so you can see where I see it. It's where the big red circle is. I'm not quick enough with the print screen button, but that same status shows quantity of emails that I send and receive and shows "Sending 11 of 11" or "Receiving 3 of 3".

CompWiz, unless there is something I don't know, yes I definitely check for stuck emails. I literally sent one email all day long just before I made this post 3 days ago. When I sent that email, my status bar said "Sending 14 of 14". I keep copies of my sent mail and usually check the folder to make sure they show up in the Sent file right after I send it. The one that I intended to send was right there and my recipient received it just fine.Print Screen

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

This thread says that it is an issue with Outlook that adds N-1 to he write county here N is the number of accounts being read/sent. Seems to be a common complaint. http://www.techtalkz.com/micro.....wrong.html I would not be concerned.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

missumuch

Well thank you so much. Guess I'll cross that problem of my list. :-)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.