The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Getting Outlook gmail back after restore to factory settings

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by emosmom77
  • Latest reply from emosmom77
  • Topic Viewed 561 times

emosmom77

Back story: Because of BSOD problems I've had since I got my laptop a year ago, Lenovo wants me to ship my Windows 7 machine back to their engineers, where they will no doubt restore it to factory settings. I've been thru this before and am anticipating what I'll need to do to get my life back after they're done. I will have essentially a new machine at that point, and they've said I shouldn't do a restore from a system image. I'm using Windows Backup to save my data. I will have to re-install all my apps and then restore data.

Which brings me to my question: Isn't there an easier way to get my Outlook 2010 back to normal, receiving from Gmail, than to set it up from scratch again and re-receive 1.6GB from Gmail? I will have to re-install Outlook, of course, but is there a way I can restore my Gmail.pst from a backup? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

emosmom77 hi,

This article should help you;

http://www.addictivetips.com/w.....nd-export/

Posted 1 year ago

emosmom77

I thought I had read somewhere that you couldn't back up an IMAP pst that way, but it's worth a try--save the gmail pst with Export (basically like any other pst) before I do my backup and import when I reassemble things. Should save a lot of time. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!