The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Gateway SA6.0/Windows XP

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by DCJack9
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 894 times

DCJack9

I have a Gateway M series SA6.0 that belongs to my son. He had a virus on it and because of that the whole system died. I had norton Anti virus take a look at it and I was told that the OS was gone and that I would need to get another installed. So I had someone install Windows XP to the computer (the orginal OS was Vista), called Norton and I then found out that it doesnt have internet access because the drivers are not installed. The OS that is installed was for a HP computer, so Im guessing that didnt make a difference. I an now trying to dowload the drivers from another computer to a cd and then copy then to the Gateway.
Am I doing this correctly or is this just a waste and what should I do.

I do not have the orginal discs that came with the computer and the computer is 4 years old. HELP!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi DCJack9 ,

The drivers would have to be from another Gateway M series computer as the hardware may be different for the drivers.

Posted 1 year ago

DCJack9

I'm sorry I dont understand. Can't I download the drivers to any computer, copy to disc and laid to gateway computer?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yes. And you can install them on the bad computer directly from the CD.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Sorry DCJack 9 ,

I read your first post as 'I am now trying to download the drivers from another computer to a cd and then copy then to the Gateway.' - to mean you were copying the drivers from one computer to another and not actually 'downloading' them, my error.

As Lighthouse says Yes you can.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!