The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Games in Mac Parallel Desktop

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by MrMono
  • Latest reply from ross
  • Topic Viewed 7712 times

MrMono

Hello How-To, I come to seek your aid with 2 problems Im currently facing with my Mac.

Problem 1:
Recently I have downloaded the new version of Parallel Desktop 3.0 Build 5584 as an update that was available. The pre-update version I had was already registered/activated and working Windows XP perfectly. Now however it is asking me for an activation key, which I dont have.

I am currently using a 15-day free-trial period to acces my user in the emulated Windows XP, but once that is ove O know not what I could save call someone from tech support. So, before I do that I want to know what my options are. Apparently, there is no activation code as the Parallel Desktop came free with the Mac.

tl;dr: I downloaded Build 5584 and my updated Paralel Desktop is now un-registered. What are my options?

Problem 2:
So I read that with 3.0 I can now run Age of Empires 3 (for windows) and other such games on Parallel Desktop. Can someone tell this poor n00b how exactly I can do this?
It was already installed prior to the update but whenever I tried to run it it said that my video card has 0MN and that a 64MB video card was required.
Im sure Im missing something incredibly obvious, and that there is a very easy way to play a game like AoEIII on an emulated Windows XP on a Mac but I lack the google-fu necesary to find it. So I ask you, can you help me on this matter?

tl;dr: How do I play window games on mac? I dunno lol.

Many thanks in advance and my deepest apologies if these are questions that have been discussed/asked to death.

Posted 6 years ago

MrMono

Anyone?

Posted 6 years ago

MrMono

Can anyone help me with this?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You can try posting your question on http://forum.parallels.com/

Posted 6 years ago

MrMono

Many thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

ross

MrMono -

Just in case you didn't get your question answered - you need to install Parallels Tools. That will significantly update your XP video driver, and you can allocate more memory to video in XP that way.

Also, Parallels is 'on sale' right now as a part of "The MacUpdate Promo" (google it). It comes included w/ a bunch of other software for less than the normal cost of Parallels.

Hope this helps, not too late.

Ross

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!