How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Games and Movies to Hard Drive

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Skye
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 1871 times

Skye

Hey, all.

I'm running Vista Home Premium and would like to copy movies and games that I legally own to the hard drive. It gets frustrating trying to manage all these game CDs, and it may be more convenient to store a few movies too. Any ideas?

Thanks. :-)

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

There are a bunch of utilities you can pay for to copy movies to your hard drive.

If you want to use free software, you'll need to use dvd43 and handbrake.

As far as making images of the games, you should be able to use most cd burning software to convert to ISO format... you can use virtual clonedrive to mount them, but it might not work for all games.

Posted 7 years ago

jd2066

I should note a lot of Games and DVDs now have copy protection software on them that make it harder to copy to computers and use.
For Games that have copy protection you can use software that can emulate the copy protection.
For DVDs that have copy protection that is software that can copy them though some like the MPAA have said that type of software is illegal and sued some companies over it.
Now after saying that here is some software that can copy Games and DVDs:
Alcohol 120% - Can copy games including some with copy protection, Can copy DVDs that aren't copy protected, can burn copies, use copies in a virtual drive
Clone CD - Can copy games including some with copy protection
Clone DVD - Can copy DVDs that aren't copy protected
Daemon Tools - Can use copies in a virtual drive
DVD Decrypter - Can copy DVDs including some with copy protection
There is a lot more software to do this (like the software in the above post), some free and some better then others.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.