How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Game For Learning Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010

(23 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from Enthusiast
  • Topic Viewed 4994 times

vistual
vistual

Do you feel like you're using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote the same way version after version, or have you avoided using one of these apps because you don't know how? And you know there's so much more Office could be doing for you if only you knew how to access it? .....

Home Page / Info and Download .....

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Brilliant find vistual!!!

Should also be included in Tutorial section me thinks. :))

Edit : or at least a Sticky in Office section.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Cannot comment, as I have never used MS Office. But if enough members say it is good, I will make it a sticky.

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

Thanks GS,
yeah - i thought it was pretty cool too. : )
i know that i for sure will benefit from it LOL! since there's a few features that i have not explored and learned yet.
Excel always seemed so daunting to me - but i never really fully committed to trying - this might change that a little at least.
Also - i read once that OneNote is overlooked and can actually be pretty useful.
So im really looking forward to playing with this s'more to familiarize myself with those programs and actually utilizing them.

EDIT:
Oh cool! - looks like you found some great reviews for it already!

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

"I love it" - Someone
"Me too" - Someone else
"Fantastic a must have for all new Office users" - The Sun
"Why were'nt we told about this earlier it would have made such a difference" - Mr. A. Stranger

I didnt write any of that, honest. - GS :)

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Agreed, its a very nice game for learning MS Office
I found it yesterday and retweeted :)

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

Thanks for that. I wish it had been around when I switched from 2003 to 2007. I think it may be more difficult (certainly more frustrating) getting used to a completely revamped GUI than learning an application from scratch. Nothing worse than knowing that a function or capability exists and not being able to find it. I felt I had "mastered" ribbons when I stopped translating from old to new, Ironically, when I got a contract with an organisation that uses 2003 I had the same problems in reverse.

I think a sticky in the Office section for this is well warranted. At the same time maybe it's time to remove the "Bad Updates" sticky that is there now :).

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Thanks Moree. I was was waiting for you to come along, and give it the Seal of Approval. Thanks :)

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

YAY!!!!

LOL :D

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

One of the (very few) disadvantages of living in Australia is that I'm usually asleep when all the interesting conversations are happening.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

It happens to us Europeans too. A lot of the Americans post when I am in bed. Lots of catchup to do when I get up.

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

Considering the time right now where you are kinda proves what many have said - you never seem to sleep.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

:) I wish :)

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Sleeps for wimps :)

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

Its all lies moreeg!
LH, Rick,whs, Irv, g-x and a few others are Bots! - these are not really people behind a computer! These are not humans.

edit:
i love that GS!
anybody that knows me will tell you.

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

well, we can add that to the list - geek, propeller head, nerd, wimp and many more (ruder) names ;)

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

It seems no-one is asleep - I can't post fast enough. Bots, you say? I can believe that.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Don't talk to me about Bots. Bain of my (Moderating) life.

Posted 2 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Moreeg, it was you who sprang to mind when I first spotted this thread.. Thanks again for the help before. My invoicing has never been easier :)

Great idea Vistual!

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

You see,moreeg....
theres another one!
LOL! Hi PH.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!