The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Gadgets are gone!

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by LHStever
  • Latest reply from JHubbard92
  • Topic Viewed 1070 times

LHStever

Windows vista gadgets are gone! How do I get them back???

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Hi LHStever. Is your Sidebar still there?

Posted 5 years ago

jjjackwhit

I also have lost the gadgets in Vista Home Premium, SP2. When I go to Sidebar "properties" the button for "view Gadgets" is greyed out and unselectable. When I go to sidebar and click on "+" at top and select "View Gadgets" the screen with gadgets come up, gadgets appear momentarily then fade away leaving only the display screen blank. Any time I slect an option to "View Gadgets" the gadget screen comes up, they appear briefly (less than one second) then gadgets fade away leaving blank screen. How can I restore gadgets that came with my computer loaded vista?

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

@ LHStever

Try this... Click start >> in the search box type without quotes "Windows Sidebar" and hit the [ENTER] key

Do you see them now? If so then right click the sidebar icon situated in the notification area and select properties and check the box "Start Sidebar when Windows starts" and click ok. Does that solve it?

@ jjjackwhit

I suggest starting a new forum post for your problem as it sounds complex and could make this post complicating ;)

Posted 4 years ago

jjjackwhit

I've solved the gadgets problems!
(1). If sidebar loads but no gadgets click on "+" at top of sidebar. This gives popup screen showing all gadgets. If gadgets don't appear, click down arrow on top right of screen and select "Microsoft Corporation". This will load gadgets originally installed on computer.
(2). If sidebar will not load from "Start, etc. go to lower right corner of screen and click on double left arrow (Show hidden icons). Sidebar icon should be there. Click on it and sidebar appears.

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

Good Job jjjackwhit :-)

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!