How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

[fyi] - Intermittent Server Slowness

(10 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from sparky7415
  • Topic Viewed 1172 times

thegeek
The Geek

This is just an fyi... there have been a number of intermittent problems with the server network over the last few days, but we're working on smoothing everything out.

Anytime there is a lot of rapid growth on a website there are going to be growing pains... I'm going to pin this to the front page.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

To answer your question from the "Bionic" thread: It is not permanently slow. It's off and on. I guess what gets this phenomenom all the attention is that we were not used to that. Before, it was always smooth sailing.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I put in another request to the hosting provider about it.

I also tuned some server settings, although I really don't think it has anything to do with the server itself.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Looks like it's happened a few more times in the last couple of hours. Seems to be worse right around mid-afternoon.

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

I found this is also true for one of the internet applications that we use at work. Maybe the world is running out of internet .... (For people in other countries that was a reference to a recent south park(TV Show) episode)
http://www.southparkstudios.com/

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

And I already tried this:

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

Yeah, I was also referencing the article where you first posted the picture. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ng-slowly/

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

The problem we are having is network/routing related... whenever it happens I can't get to the management server either, so it's not related to the actual webserver.

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415
sparky7415

By the way Geek,your snapshot,that's my job,lol,which outlet hole is the neutral?

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415
sparky7415

Sorry,off topic,couldn't help it,forgive me?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.