• Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1173 times

Lighthouse

Just for today
http://www.giveawayoftheday.co.....er-deluxe/

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

looks good lighthouse
not sure if i really need it, but looks worthwhile - i got the zip file a min ago!

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Lighthouse, i presume you see this site quite often
If anything worthwhile pops up again (its normally business programs though :(
please can you post them?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

I check it every day (if I remember)

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

And I check it often too - but I'm not always pleased with what they've got. (Contrairy to what Lighthouse and ScottW might think LOL)
It is worthwhile to wait with installing and take a second look after a couple of hours and check the comments (though if we all do that, there won't be any comments ...).
This one looks good, but you can find loads of freewares that do the same and those you can reïnstall if you ever run into troubles with your computer.

Cheers,
Sarah

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

Edit: I use Magic File Renamer (a really old version, but it does everything needed) and this is about the same, except for this (haven't seen this is freeware yet):

Also you can create batch files and run them.
So maybe a keeper after all:)

Sarah

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

This software looks good. I just realized that I don't have a renamer here on my Vista machine. On my old XP box I was using a freeware app called File Renamer Basic (no relation) from sherrodcomputers.com. For editing ID3 tags, MediaMonkey is the way to go and it's free.

Aleeve, GAOTD has an RSS feed. That's the best way to make sure that you never miss a free app that you might want. I use Thunderbird to read the feed, so I see what software is available when I'm checking e-mail. Get the feed, Man!

Sarah, how much are they paying you to send traffic to their website? (heh heh, jk) When it comes to researching a program that's available on GAOTD, I do two things. One, go to the software maker's website and read for more details. Two, go to a favorite download site (for me, download.com) and read the reviews there.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

Oh ok thanks Scott i'll do that - my email program deals with feeds for me

Posted 6 years ago

musthe99

I use InnoRename to rename large amount of files. I use it for renaming my vacations pictures ;-) and my mp3 files.
You can find it there www.innoplanet.com

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

For renameing photo's there is also SetNameToTime. It uses the exifdata to create the name.
It's shareware, but really good. You can take a look here:

http://www.storcksoftware.com/home

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.