• Latest reply from LifesSweetDrug
  • Topic Viewed 3064 times

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Hey whs. rtf was invented by MS

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

I know that, but "rich" could be taken as generic and do we know what's on BBpress

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@Lighthouse: I didn't know that. Also wikipedia says RTF was made for cross-platform document interchange in 1987. I didn't know Microsoft made any format for cross-platform use.

On forum ideas, I don't know if it's possible but if well one is writing a reply or editing you could get a notification of a new post that would be cool.
At the moment you make start writing a reply and then submit it and find out the post was already answered.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

For jd: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@whs: That is the exact page I just read and was referring to when I wrote "Also wikipedia says" above.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

sorry jd, I must have been too fast in my speed reading by the sequence: Type > read > think

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

just a thought as I am reading this topic ... I know that in a normal forum the newest entry goes to the bottom.... but I have noticed that if you are following a thread then you have to scroll all the way there. wouldn't it be more efficient to post the newest post at the top of the first page?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@Smashpmk712: I'm not sure what your talking about. The newest post is at the top of the list and has been for a while.

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

I think he means posts in a thread. It may be more efficient, but I think it would be far too disorienting to newcomers.

Also, perhaps a reply button by each post would be useful?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Hi taybay, I find the reply button like they have them on other Fora very confusing. It breaks the flow of the thread.
Last post on top is not such a bad idea. I think we would get used to it. Smash has a point. Rolling down all the time is kind of annoying.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

It's a fairly standard convention to have latest post on the bottom... I've rarely ever seen a forum or comments system that works the other way.

Remember that your posts are also read by many people that don't participate... hopefully when solving a thread for one person the solution is preserved for others to follow.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You don't need to scroll down to get to the last reply. Just click on "Latest Reply" link at the top

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

@Lighthouse, I never noticed the last reply up there before. I think that is a sufficient enough solution to my scrolling dilemma. Thanks!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Lighthouse is soooo smart. I never noticed that either. I vote with Smash - that is sufficient.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

If you see something, click on it (it could be helpful, it could be disastrous) but you never know till you try!

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

@Lighthouse

So you would definitely push the big red button =)

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Dear Mr. Lig H. Thouse,

I have been founding some monies in your name. All you have to do is wired me $25,000. Please click here [_____]

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

@ Sir Geek, yes, it either sets off the fire alarm, or shuts down the generator (all part of my training)

@Scott, I clicked there but nothing happened

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

I don't know if theis is the thread for this but sometimes when I look at a post on the forum someones post will not show up. It shows as a blank post then I have to highlight it and it shows just fine. Make sense? let me know if I should start a new post.

Posted 6 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

@the geekster,
do you know when you are going to implement this super cool new UI? also I had one other suggestion ... Is it possible to put the last few topic that you have participated in some where on the main page of the forum?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.