How-To Geek Forums / Buy / Sell Forum

(Solved) - For Sale: Samsung R730 17".3 laptop

(18 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by vistamike
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1950 times

vistamike

8 months old
Mint condition: Original Recovery Disk and manual.
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, has been upgraded to 8gb ram.
500gb HDD., HDMI HD.
Drive will be wiped, fresh installed 7, no Samsung crap, ready to go, full admin (Admin_Boss)

Will be supplied with Office 2003 and all security (MSE, SAS, Mbam) etc.

R730

£300 including uk postage

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Thanks to everyone who looked, this has now been sold

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

@Mike, Thought your item was a great deal. If I lived in the UK may have bought it. Did you sell it from this forum? If so, was it an easy transfer of item and payment.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Not on forum, was a client who blew up an Acer aspire. She bought it because it was cherry red!

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

Just wondered if you were the first to have someone to buy from here. I think we are still waiting.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Well a quick update, my client had an insurance payout that covered the cost of replacement so the Sammy was back in the market.
Ted16 has purchased (Via Paypal) and machine will be sent out tomorrow.

Ted will report on the purchase.

Thanks Ted

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

just to confirm, machine on way and is tracked via ParcelForce

Posted 2 years ago

Ted16

And Ted says received early today. Have now unboxed it and run it up. Told Mike there was something wrong LOL as it is so quiet after my noisy Acer.

Arrived in perfect condition as Mike said it is like new. The screen is great as can see a picture even in sunlight. Nice keyboard as well.

Mike has put a lot of good programmes on for me and also very kindly included some free re writable DVD's, 4 port mini USB hub and a wireless mouse that I am going to have to ask him how it works LOL.

So to sum it all up I am extremely pleased with the purchase, absolute bargain and Mike is a pleasure to deal with.

Ted

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Great stuff Ted.
Re the rodent, detach the mini dongle from base of mouse and insert in left usb port (leaves the two right hand ones free for ease of use), driver will load in 5secs. Left click and mouse will work. Leave dongle in, mouse goes to sleep in a short while. When shutting down mouse will switch off and reenable on boot.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

As to Dr Who.....

Time protected....

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

Cograts, to Mike and Ted. First official (I think) seller and buyer on the forum.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

warlock, thanks.
It was the first 'official' transaction via B&S and was successful for both parties.
However were you aware that members have been doing this in the background for quite a while?
With help, swapping or selling kit. (with long term members).
We thought it might be a good idea to make it more prominent feature within the community.
The most important thing in this area is to describe/offer the kit in a most honest form.
I believe I did and hope that others will do the same thing otherwise this forum could just be withdrawn.
As LH pointed out to me a while back, another tab open, to be supervised!

Feedback is good!

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

I have bought stuff from Mike, and I can guarantee 100% his honesty and accuracy in the descriptions.
Also, I bought a laptop from Kevin. He said it was slightly damaged on the corner. Jeez, I needed a magnifying glass to even see the scratch.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

@Mike no I did not know that was going on in the backround. Still nice to have the forum. It is more work for the Mods though.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

It's no big deal wl, it's what we do :)

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

Actually it is a big deal. would have probably bought Mikes laptop. I only have desktops. But, not being in the UK shipping to the USA is too expensive. Shipped some collector mugs to some friends in England and the shipping cost more than the items. If you have a work around willing to listen.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Sometimes members will ask for direct contact with another to resolve a problem via TeamViewer/Crossloop for instance. And we do this quite freely.
Also Off Topic is where the HTG 'family' get to know each other quite well and we connect outside of HTG.

I have made many new friends through OT and keep in regular contact by email, IM and phone. (I look forward to LH's phone calls after a few rums...lol)

@warlock, you are quite right. A member in the US wanted my camera but the shipping costs outweighed the bargain value.

The workaround may not be that far away. Researchers at Cambridge University are working on a project that could be available soon.
Seller offers item, buyer says 'I want'. Seller scans item into PC, zips the item and uploads to Dropbox. Buyer then downloads item and unpacks item.

This could be the ramblings of an old git who has watched too much Startrek perhaps, or a pipe dream.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Two swallows could carry it by the husk !
Ah, but then they don't migrate to the US.

Albatross, Albatross....

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.