How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

For Aleeve - Ghost tutorial

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 1674 times

whs
whs

Aleeve, I found these little tutorials for Ghost in my files. I had made them once for someone else. They may give you a little headstart and you do not have to wade thru all the Ghost documentation - which is quite good but has some errors. I did not make one for the Ghost installation because this is straight forward. The tutorials are in PDF format. I suggest you print out the one about system recovery, because when your system is all down and you have to restart with the CD and the BIOS, you would not have access to it on the PC. The pictures in this one are not too good, because when you are in the BIOS, you have no snipping tool and I had to use the camera. If you have any questions, let me know.
http://cid-475a0a48ca6d4035.sk.....rials?uc=3

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Ok thanks Whs
haven't bought the software yet, but as soon as I do, I'll know where to turn
Have you ever had to use your backups yourself?

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

They look really good

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I used it once because something was not right. But one of the people for whom I wrote those had his HDD crash and after he had installed a new HDD, he used the recovery tutorial I posted and was back in business in 25 minutes - just as if nothing had ever happened.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

!
awesome

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Aleeve, I just found this in my email from one of my "private" clients who uses the tutorials. Speaks for itself:
"By the way, we used Norton Ghost again, but this time, we inserted the disk and a restart, we wanted to move back to one month ago, exactly to May 29/2008 (in the other computer). And Ghost did it, perfectly, to May 29/2008. Really, it is amazing watching Ghost work."

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

:)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!