The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Folder on local C: that I need to make available on a Network Harddrive

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by meathie
  • Latest reply from meathie
  • Topic Viewed 319 times

meathie

Hi, I have a Brother 8860DN Network printer that will only put faxes on my PC. However I have remote staff that need to access the faxes in that folder. The remote staff connect to the server by VPN. The can access the public server folders and the folders on the Networked hard drive that I give them access to but I have not been able to give them access to the folder on my C drive with the faxes in it. Any suggestions?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

How about putting the faxes on a drive that they do have access to?

Posted 1 year ago

meathie

Yes I have thought of that, but the Brother can only put the faxes on the PC where the Control Center is installed.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You mean you can not set it to put them on a drive your PC has shared access to??

Posted 1 year ago

meathie

I have also though a BAT file might do the job. If the file can run at automated intervals it can copy the contents of the file to the Networked Drive but, however if this can be done I have not cracked it.

Posted 1 year ago

meathie

I might be missing the point, but i have made the folder "public" in the sense that I have right clicked on the folder -> Properties -> Sharing Enabled sharing and coped the Networked address to a short cut on a drive that she can see but when she connected to the drive and tried to click on the folder she was not able to gain access.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!