The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Flashing lights on shut-down

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by stevegeary
  • Latest reply from stevegeary
  • Topic Viewed 1231 times

stevegeary

Running a HP a6040n desktop w/Vista. When I shut down, after everything goes dark, often the 3 amber lights above the numbers keypad - Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock - will blink/flash rapidly. Sometimes they will not flash immediately but begin to do so after anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours. I'm connected to the internet via ATT DSL and wonder if some website pings my computer and causes this to happen. Aso, when I put the computer in 'sleep mode' is doesn't stay there for very long but awakens soon as, again, I think other sites ping my computer regularly... HELP. Thanks, Steve

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

Posted 6 years ago

stevegeary

Thanks, Scott, this seems to have fixed the 'Sleep Mode' issue. However, the lights on my keyboard still blink/flash upon shutdown...

Running a HP a6040n desktop w/Vista. When I shut down, after everything goes dark, often the 3 amber lights above the numbers keypad - Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock - will blink/flash rapidly. Sometimes they will not flash immediately but begin to do so after anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours. I'm connected to the internet via ATT DSL and wonder if some website pings my computer and causes this to happen.

Any thoughts on this one?

Steve

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.