The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Firmware Installation for Cube U18GT Elite Tablet PC

(15 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by pdad60gmailcom
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1072 times

pdad60gmailcom

I recently purchased a Cube U18GT Eltie Tablet PC. I love the tablet but I can not get it to recognize my wireless router. So I can not access the web with it. So basically it's just an over-sized, over-priced MP3 player. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Rocky J.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Does it recognize other wireless access points? Wi-Fi hotspots, libraries, etc.? If not I would return it. If it is just your router then you may have to change your router to one more compatible.

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

No it locates all wi-fi spots even mine. It says I have an excellent signal and it lists my wireless router by name and shows a signal icon that is maxed out. Each time I go to connect it gives me an Authorization Problem error message.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Do you put in the correct passphrase?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

In this case surely you need to reenter your login details?

wifi found? network? enter the password or passphrase

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

OK I'm going to try that again. I even went to Time Warner Cable and made sure I had the right password. So I'm not sure if that's it! But right now I'll try anything I really like the tablet it's fantastic for the price.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

If you have a separate router from the modem you, or your installer may have put in the passphrase, not Time Warner. It does sound like a passphrase problem to me. You will love your tablet once you get this straightened out.

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

Yes, Time Warner Installed the items but I put in the network name and password. Sorry for misspeaking.

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

I reset the tablet and put in the password again but it still says authentication problem. Is there a way to find out if I made a typing error when I entered my router password.

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

Is there a way I can reset the password on my D-Link Wireless Router?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

There may be a check block to allow exposure of the characters when you type. My tablet exposes them briefly as I type.

You can reset your D-link password by entering it's firmware interface. You must be connected to it by a wired computer. Type in the gateway IP usually 192.168.0.1 for D-Link. type this into a browser and a password for the router firmsare entrance will pop up. User id: Admin Password: password. Then find the page for wireless and find the passphrase.

Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

Xhi,

Sorry for the delay (had to go to work). I do have a check block that allows me to see the password as I type it I will use that each time I type the password.
Next, I typed the IP address in to a browser and I did get the sign in screen. Under Admin I typed in my password and I was able to enter the D-Link router firmware entrance. I printed out all of the information for my router. I have more numbers, addresses and settings than you can think of. However, none of them says "passphrase." I have one that says Pre-Shared Key (PSK). I have WAN settings, LAN settings, Wireless LAN settings and LAN Computer IP and MAC addresses.

However, none of this information seems to be what the tablet is picking up. So clearly there is a connection problem. Probably something simple but I can't find it.

Rocky J.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

You should have been able to see it. Go to the "Security" tab or option and click on WEP or WPA, select the encryption, you should see a password, passphrase, or key, whatever it calls it.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

pdad60gmailcom

Xhi,

Thank you soooooooooo much! That's all I had to do once I checked WPA it match the tablet found it and off it went. I thank you so much. You made my early Christmas present a smash!! This tablet ROCKS! For the price I would recommend it to anyone!!

Have a Great Holiday Season and thanks again!!

Rocky J., MSgt, USAF
(Retired)

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

You are very welcome Sgt. Glad to help.

Xhi
Maj, USArmy, Ret.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.