The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

firefox wont play video

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by robfarmer06
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 3929 times

robfarmer06

Recently firefox 2.0 refuses to play any video conent contained on any site. this is odd because I have the latest version of flashplayer and java script is enabled. I would have restored to default settings if I knew how!

Posted 6 years ago

sbw07

I sometimes have this problem too. Sometimes restarting FF helps, sometimes logging out of Vista does, and sometimes it only works again after a reboot! Does anyone know what can be causing this?

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

Say you go to youtube.com and try to watch a video. Do you see a black box where the video should be? No box? Is it just frozen?

Posted 6 years ago

sbw07

Actually in my case the video will play for 2-3 seconds without any sound, and then pause. Clicking ahead on the time bar makes it play another 2-3 secs. w/o sound etc.

Posted 6 years ago

robfarmer06

No freeze, no box just "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." I have no problems with ie7 but it`s not a browser I enjoy using.

Posted 6 years ago

robfarmer06

This resolved itself after vista sp1.

Posted 6 years ago

hep18

I have the same problem but currently on the PC running XP Home Edition with Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Flash 9.0.124.0. I have tried uninstalling Firefox, uninstalling Flash then reinstalling Firefox with an earlier version of Flash (9.0.47.0).
I am not getting the problems on a laptop running XP Pro not a PC running Vista Home Premium.
Any suggestions?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

try to run firefox in safe mode and see if it still does this

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!