The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

(Solved) - Firefox problem

(5 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by VicTheBrit
  • Latest reply from VicTheBrit
  • Topic Viewed 1056 times

VicTheBrit

Running Firefox 3.6.3 on a G4 iMac with OS 10.4.

I often download multiple files from Rapidshare etc. Sometimes there is a "cascade" and all downloads finish at the same time incomplete. Downloading a single file, the cascade is immediate.

Any workrounds for this problem?

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

VicTheBrit, welcome to HTG. Rapidshare only allows 2 slow downloads a day. If more than that you are going to encounter errors unless you pay for the 'premium' package. It looks like you may have exceeded your download package?
No workarounds I'm afraid because they want your dosh at the end of the day.
try find a different source?

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

VicTheBrit

I have the Premium service and when it started a month ago everything was fine. Now this is happening much more often.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

I'd certainly have harsh words with rapidshare and your CC company! Have you contacted them to raise concerns regarding the 'premium' package?

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

VicTheBrit

Problem solved!

It was due the the History folder becoming too large. Nothing to do with Rapidshare. I also ran Cache Cleaner and this speeded things up too.

FYI Regarding Rapidshare. As a file hosting service it is one of the biggest (and some would say, best). Free users get exactly the same DL speed as Premium however Premium offers parallel DLs so I get a good percentage of my 'rated' speed. Cost? $20 for 3 months. I've been DLing mainly 60s and 70s UK and US TV series. Free users have to wait 60 seconds before DL begins and a further 15 minutes afterwards. Muliple DLs are not possible.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!