How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Firefox not starting

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by suebriquet
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 3393 times

suebriquet
suebriquet

I've been using Mozilla Firefox for quite a while now, but somehow, starting yesterday, the browser wouldn't open. I click on the shortcut icon, I even right click and select open. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. I even tried looking for answers on Google and the Firefox support forum, yet I'm still unable to get Firefox to start. When I look at the task manager though, it shows Firefox running in the background, which is strange. I try undoing that task, which apparently is running at 30,492 K. Then I re-try to open Firefox, which still doesn't work. I'm really confused as to what went wrong, so if anyone can help, that would be awesome.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Try creating a new profile. Close all instances if Firefox, including any in task manager. In the Run box paste this in, firefox.exe -profilemanager

You'll be starting with a bare profile but if it works, you can build one that isn't corrupted.

also, http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

Posted 6 years ago

suebriquet
suebriquet

Thanks Scott. That did the trick.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Excellent. Try adding the extensions and themes one by one. There probably is one that doesn't 'cooperate' with the rest.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!