SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

"Firefox has stopped working" *sigh*... again!!

(11 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jimbryanpdelacruz
  • Latest reply from zautashvili
  • Topic Viewed 25301 times

jimbryanpdelacruz

hi the last thing i remembered was that my windows vista downloaded updadtes and was installed sucessfully. after that using the firefox browser was like a nightmare.. it keeps on quitting.. it shows the message firefox has stopped working.. was it because of the updates?

and oh, by the way my friend downloadeed ave's thumsizer and other stuff from ave's i have read its .txt file that the program sorta deals with system 32 in one way or another.. geez i guess i am really confused..

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Try uninstalling the updates and see whether that fixes the problem. If yes, reinstall them one by one. Then you might catch the culprit. Delete the culprit.

Posted 6 years ago

jimbryanpdelacruz

yes okay i will try that.. and also firefox has updated with this flash got or something? i don't know exaclty what it is.. thanks i will try it right now. also i have a problem with my windows explorer i forgot the exact message but it sorta like the host service? anyways i'll post it up when it happens again... is windows vista really like this? i wish it was as reliable as XP.. thank you

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

My Vista is normally very stable. A few begnin little hick-ups. But nothing serious. And I run 3 Vista machines. Most problems I had were of my own creation. You'll have to get used to Vista. It will get better day after day.
PS. If you encounter a problem, make a detailed and accurate description. Else it will be difficult to diagnose and we may send you on a wild goose chase because we have to guess.

Posted 6 years ago

jimbryanpdelacruz

are the updates suppose to help us make vista better and more stable?...
okay will do, im sorry if i gave you a very vague description thank you so much

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Also try reinstalling Firefox
This is a link to the most stable version
http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/3517/

Posted 6 years ago

LukeTurnbull
LukeTurnbull

i had this problem too once i installed the up dates fire fox managed to delete itself from my computer leaving empty folders and dead shortcuts. i had to re- install and i didnt update and it worked fine.

PS i updated firefox with the update that came out after the one that caused me the bother and it worked fine.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

@LukeTurnbull, what version are you using now?

Posted 6 years ago

LukeTurnbull
LukeTurnbull

by the looks of it.

why?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Just curious to see if you were using version 3

Posted 6 years ago

zautashvili

Hi everyone, seems like I've found solution!
This problem had been annoying me for a while. I used standard installation each time, then I tried custom installation and while installing, on the Set Up Shortcuts wizard I unchecked option - In my Start Menu Programs Folder, it never bothers me any more..
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but worth a try, I think..

Giorgi

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!