The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Firefox download question

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 2201 times

SarahJames

Since you all helped me so much with getting FF8 going the other day, I was hoping to perfectionise the last details :)

When downloading a themepack (as featured here) I get the little options window and I'd like it to save the file by default, but the option to select 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on' is greyed out.
Is there any way around this?

Posted 3 years ago

GuiltySpark

Hi SJ ,

I don't use FF much anymore but PM is virtually the same, if you select the FF dropdown (if you are not using the Menu bar) and select options, then options again, then general tab and where it says Downloads make sure you select the always save to Radio button.

Posted 3 years ago

ispalten

That is ONLY for the first choice, program to use.

Want to ALWAYS save to a specific directory, open TOOLS (on the menu), OPTIONS, and it is there on the GENERAL tab.

Irv S.

Posted 3 years ago

SarahJames

Umm, that's not what I meant.
I have it set to download to a specific directory, what I want is to be able to automatically save themepack files.
So I want to tick 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on' but it is greyed out.

Edit: ah wait, I got it :)
I went to add-ons, flash got and added the extension themepack. Works like a charm now.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.