The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Firefox and Canon

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by rasputin
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 1186 times

rasputin

Hi, I just bought & installed a Canon Pixma MP470 inkjet (nice machine BTW). I can print from my harddrive fine, but when at a webmail site via Firefox, I get an error message, "Printer not responding." If I copy the text at the webmail site to notepad, I can print it, NP.However, if I access the same site via IE, I can print it out directly and quickly. I normally never use Internet Explorer & I don't really want to start.
Am I doing something wrong? I have tried turning off all my security apps ( which is extreme IMHO), but it does not help. Is there a work-around for this?? The Canon site is no help at all, & the Firefox site doesn't seem to address this issue either. I am using an Acer AST180 desktop running Windows MCE.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

First of all just to confirm is the printer selected in the Firefox print dialog the canon?

Posted 6 years ago

rasputin

Not sure what you mean by this. When I try to print, Ff sees the printer but it just stops as above.
The Canon is the only printer that has been connected to the PC.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

I ment that if you click file and click print does the printer name show in the name box.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.