The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

find as you type

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by cy1ht
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1071 times

cy1ht

Tell me to read a character from keyboard without pushing enter key.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Are you asking if it is possible to have predictive text on Windows? As far as I know, it is not.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

DLZ
DLZ

What ? i dont get it

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

That's why it's two months old, DLZ. =P If you find something useful or important in old topics, then post in them. Otherwise, try not to revive old topics that everyone's forgotten about.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Taybay you are too severe. The young man is trying to learn wherever he can - and that is fair. By the way, that is an interesting question. Some progams do read directly from the keyboard. Think of "search" or I have a translation program that does so too. I type in a word in e.g. German and the English translation comes up - no ENTER required. Maybe 'cy1ht' wanted to use that for some application.

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

Oh alright. I didn't mean to offend anyone. In past forums I've frequented, a usual rule is to not revive dead threads, and two months is ancient. I just applied it to here, but perhaps the rules are different. =P

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Taybay, that's quite alright. Your point is well taken. But back to the subject. It is quite fascinating how people discuss on the web how to read the keyboard buffer in C or C++ with scanf() or gets(). So, cy1ht may have wanted a real answer but we were not up to speed.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Hi taybay, thanks, that's why I recently posted "How long" (or something like that, it's so long now I've forgotten)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!