The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Files I can't get rid of

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by initiate
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 2072 times

initiate

Yes 'The Geek' has already tackled this (Party Poker) but my irritation is different.

I downloaded 'AT Notes' only to find I didn't work properly under Vista. So I tried to unload it but it refused, mainly, I believe, because it was running and did so every time I restarted the computer, but I couldn't find it anywhere that could remotely be thought of as the Start Menu. So I couldn't turn it off.

Then I got silly and tried to manually delete everything I could which left me with two files which are still running and cause an anoying flicker at start-up. Anyone know a cure?

Oh! I also tried reloading the program but it refused saying that it existed and was running.

Help!!!!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

I like Revo Uninstaller in these circumstances because not only does it remove said program, it also removes the leftover kibbles from your registry.

Of course if it doesn't find the program, back to square one.

Revo Freeware: http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Posted 6 years ago

initiate

Scott

Thanks for that if it becomes relevant again I'll try it, however I think I have found the solution, as follows:

Press the old Ctrl/Alt/Del(together), you then get a list of options including one to shut down, select that and enter. However, the computer does not actually shut down. It does (apparently) shut down AT Notes (and logically everything else due to start at start-up). You then have other options including the name of your computer (centre screen), press this to fire it up again. Then go to contol panel and uninstall.

The only trace of AT Notes that's left now is my original e-mail above and one no longer irritated user.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Nice.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!