The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

File sharing from Windows 7 machine to an XP Pro

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by wojo
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 602 times

wojo

I have attempted to implement the file sharing instructions. I can open the files on my XP Pro Laptop from my Windows 7 machine. But, when trying to open files on the Windows 7 machine from the XP Pro machine I get to a security screen that indicates that I am connecting to the Windows 7 machine and has "User name: my user name" and "Password:" which has a password of the correct number of characters to be my normal password. I click on OK and this same screen comes back and I cannot proceed. Can I get rid of this security screen? Going from the Windows 7 machine to the XP, I do not get this security screen.

Posted 5 years ago

smithmt99

wojo

I am having the same problem. I have some shared directories on my XP Pro computer and I am trying to
map it from my Windwows 7 Home laptop and I see my computer but when I try to connect it keeps asking
for the username and password and no matter what I type in there it never connects, just keeps asking for the user/password. I have tried a few things I have seen on the Internet but no change.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

smithmt99 welcome. Please can you start your own New Topic. Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.