How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

FF & IE error after closing

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Medicius
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 1524 times

Medicius
Medicius

I encountered a problem with Firefox (3.0.6) yesterday. I have Windows 7 and same FF for three weeks now and I didnt have problems so far and I think error isnt related to operating system. Well... the problem is that I get error messege after closing FF with red X or in File menu/Exit - doesnt matter. The same thing happenes with IE8. I allready removed FF, IE and all plug-ins trying to reinstall but the problem persists. Now I dont know what to do?!

For info: I dont have a virus!

Pictures of error:

File that was sent to Microsoft:

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

OK, you've reinstalled Firefox after the initial deletion. It's safe to say you have backed up your passwords, bookmarks, etc.

Try to boot Firefox in Safe Mode.

You can create a new profile, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Crea.....on_Windows (but I'd skip that at this point)

If that doesn't work uninstall again with REVO and make sure there are no Mozilla folders left in C:\Program Files or C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Local or C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming

Posted 5 years ago

Medicius
Medicius

I found out what the problem is. Last update of Bitdefender is causing this problem becouse everything worked great before that. When I uninstalled BD the error was gone. I dont know what to do next. I will obviosly have to wait for BD update which will fix this error.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Do you know if firefox.exe was whitelisted ?
Or is it too late to check?

Posted 5 years ago

Medicius
Medicius

Scott, how do I check that? I reinstalled BD and obviously error problem too.

Posted 5 years ago

Medicius
Medicius

And I uninstalled BD again because the error issue is just annoying. I have one more question. Is Windows Defender and Firewall enough for security?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Medicus, I don't use BitDefender but a quick search of their forums show how you can whitelist programs.

FYI, in 7 in using Windows Firewall + Defender + Drive Sentry the latter of which I;ve just started using and rather enjoy the interface and functionality. It is freeware.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Medicius, Windows Firewall is good enough, but Defender is not. On my Win7 install, I'm using Avira AntiVir Personal (free), Windows Firewall, and Defender. Firefox 3.0.7 runs in this environment without problems.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.