The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

fedora help

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by mojorisin7178
  • Latest reply from mojorisin7178
  • Topic Viewed 995 times

mojorisin7178

Hi I recently installed fedora on my desktop. I do not know how to use linux at all so this is how I am going to learn. Years ago I taught myself to use DOS and windows so now I would like to learn linux. Anyway it was working fine then I installed some updates and when I went to reboot It brings me to a screen like DOS. I think it is called terminal? Anyway it says cannot open font file true then it gives me a bunch of dracut lines then it says dracut warning: dropping to debug shell Now I am at:
(repair filesystem):/#
So it looks like I need to tell it to execute a repair kinda like chkdisk. Problem is I donot know any linux commands I tried typing help and it brought up a whole bunch of stuff but I am not sure what to type so can anyone help.

And Also can anyone recomend a good linux guide so I can better inform myself? I know there a re a thousand on the net and I can ust google it but I weant to know what the experts suggest. Thank you for any help

Charlie

Posted 2 years ago

mojorisin7178

update I typed cntrl-d and got it to resume the boot process and I am in the desktop now but I still think the problem is there so is there a program I can use to try to fix this?

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

Maybe this helps: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/.....stems.html

Posted 2 years ago

mojorisin7178

Thanks I will give that a try. I would like to say that the members on this forum have been great I have learned a lot of stuff from here in the past few years. Thank you all. I'm sure that I will be back with more noob questions about Linux.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.