How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Fedora 9 on a USB stick

(16 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 1430 times

whs
whs

Has anybody ever tried this and is it any good for someone that wants to experiment a little with Linux.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i'm working on it but i am in the process of transfering live 4 GB's from my flash drive because i can't seem to find my other ones at the moment :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Thank you jack. I knew you would be able to give me an opinion on that. Lately, you and the Geek seem to be the only ones capable to answer Linux questions. No rush - take your time.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

well i had it done and then i accidently erased it LOL so now i have to redownload it again that is the only part that takes a while for me it installed pretty fast though.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes whs it works just like it should work :D i am really happy with it and fedora looks really nice too really has some good eye candy

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

jack, Thank you for all your efforts. Do you think that this is a good version for someone who just wants to aquaint himself with Linux? Remember, I have not yet had any real exposure to Linux and that would be my "starter set". Also, where do I find some good "starter documentation" to get myself going. When I browse thru the net, I cannot really tell good from not so good.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

well most of it is good but the way i learned is just by using it and playing around with certain things. Also it is a very good distro to get you started it has a very windows like interface which will make the transition easier for you. :D

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

OK, I'll give it a go - if I ever can get off the HTG Forum - lol.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

haha i have like 5 pc's in one room so i can just move from one to the other to test things out lol :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

That's a lot of equipment. I have 2 here and 2 in Florida. But I can always only use one because the laptops are the wife's. And she does not like me to test things on her systems. I am only allowed to fix them when she screwed them up.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya that is kinda how some things go here too but i mainly use them all except my brothers he won't let me touch it lol but where I usually am sitting with my laptop i have a desktop right next to it now so all i have to do is turn in my chair to use it :) and i also have a machine on my dining room table so when i eat i can still be on lol

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I got Fedora loaded on a USB stick. Next time, before I restart Vista (which I rarely do), I will try it out.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya thats the same with my laptop i never actually turn it off just suspend it by closing the lid

Posted 5 years ago

CPJames19

@whs
Chek out:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2.....g-windows/

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

CPJames. Did you not see this one?
http://thegeekylife.blogspot.com/
Written by one of my favorite people jack7h3r1pp3r

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

thanks lighthouse :D

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.